For the eighth year, the Chinese Historical & Cultural Project (CHCP) was honored to recognize the recipients of the Lillian Gong-Guy Memorial Scholarship (LGGMS) awarded during Student Recognition Day held on Sunday, May 15th at History Park San José. Scholarship Committee Co-Chairs Allan Low and Debbie Gong-Guy introduced each of the scholarship winners to an enthusiastic audience of family, friends, and fellow students.
The scholarship award recipients this year are (left to right above):
- Alana Thi Yee of Notre Dame High School
- Hannah Zhang of Henry M. Gunn High School
- Athina Chen of Henry M. Gunn High School
- Steven Luo of Evergreen Valley High School
- Jennifer Li of Archbishop Mitty High School (not pictured)
In addition, volunteer participants in CHCP's Student Docent Cultural Ambassador Program (SDCAP) were recognized by SDCAP Chair Brenda Hee Wong for their hard work, serving as docents in the Chinese American Historical Museum as well as volunteering for other CHCP activities.
Thanks to all the donors to the LGGMS and SDCAP programs for their continued generosity and support.